Tuesday, August 4, 2009

the diet

So here we go.
Day 3 of the Thailand diet. H and I are going in 7 weeks and he has decided he needs to lose a few lbs. Which he does. Around the middle. And so do I.
So this would be the week that families decide to send in tea (which is usually a pumpkin scone or banana bread). Now it is not that I am usually a sweet eater but after a fucking shake for breakfast and lunch I am sorely tempted by mid-afternoon. I succumbed today and yesterday. I topped off last night with a few too many drinks as well. I did not tell H about the "tea". Why? Because I hate to lose.
And I think I will lose more weight than H because I work out regularly. So why am I so obsessed with the sin of a scone? And it was small, too. Because I am totally controlled by my lack luster body image. About 80% of my waking thoughts consists of calories, weight, scales, bikinis, etc. Why am I this way and how do I stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment